Sunday, March 20, 2016

Where does the time go?

Yikes!  It's been about four weeks since my last post.  Falling behind already.
I guess I'll get right to it to get caught up.  The last post I wrote was right before a 10 mile race I was running.  I was hoping for a PR.  My previous best time at the 10 mile distance was 1:31:00 from 2015.  Granted that was my only previous race at the distance, I wasn't exactly sure how it was going to go.  As luck would have it, it turned out to be a nice day and I was able to push hard consistently throughout the race.  I finished with a new PR of 1:19:21, about 12 minutes off of last year's time.  My goal was to run a 1:20:00 so I was very pleased with the results!
Here is a pic from the finish.  One of the better pics of me running, since I usually look like I am taking the last breath I'll ever take.
Here is a pic from the 5 miler a couple weeks earlier.  Looking a little rough in this one!
Shortly after the 10 miler, my buddy Mac and I headed to Vegas to see Iron Maiden play.  I'll leave you with some pics from that awesome weekend(that I am still recovering from)!
 

Wasted Years
The sign that leads to the Las Vegas sign!
Storm Troopers!
Is that beer big enough?




Red Rock Canyon
Iron Maiden Preshow
Iron Maiden fans tool over this bar!

Iron Maiden Live!
 
Thanks for checking out the blog.   The next one should be up in a couple days.  I'll write about the 1/2 marathon I ran this past weekend and get a little deeper into why I run.  Please feel free to leave comments, follow me on Twitter or friend me on Facebook if we aren't friends already. 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment